Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Working on a New Start

Ok .. so hopefully this is a new start. New start ... I wonder how many times those two words, as a combination, have been used and abused. Well I'm hoping that this will be the last instance for me!!

I'm 31 years old ... WOW! No more playing games, eh?

I had a personal awakening while in the McDonalds drive thru last night. I had just left the gym and was in line ordering a fruit salad on my way home. Anyway, the people in front of me were placing your typical order ... Double Cheeseburgers, Big Macs, fries, and so on. When I heard them order their food and I thought to myself .. I'm sick of fighting a war that I've wagered against myself!!

I'm sitting here, day in and day out, going to the gym in an effort to give myself the opportunities that I deserve, to be energetic, healthy, and so on. There is no way, after having spent the past two hours at the gym, that I'm going to order food that is completely undoing everything I've just killed myself over. No way!!!

I've been eating better for a while now, but it's been an 'effort' to eat healthy and to not splurge. After sitting in that line .. I think the effort is gone. I don't want crap anymore.

This world is hard enough on all of us when we have every opportunity to do the right thing. Knowing that it's already a fight, why am I knowingly and intentionally making it harder on myself? How am I to ever win if I don't give myself an honest chance to succeed?

So ... it's not a diet / gym thing .. it's just a long overdue positive change that I need .. and more importantly, WANT.