Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Happened Adventure

So .. here's the story .. in a nutshell...

It started last August that I went into my photographer's 'block' and life just stopped looking as exciting as it used to. Then, in December, I had about 100+ moments where I wanted to throw my camera through the window, but luckily I did not.

So, I won't lie, I am still in the same mopey depressive photographer's block, but I've been kinda improvising it.

I went to San Fran in April and then there was all the Derby events at the end of April / first of May. Outside of that, I have not really gotten out much. I don't even take my camera everywhere with me like I used to. But, I believe that there are some things that need to work themselves out. Time heals all wounds and I guess mine is not quite there yet.

Anyway, I had decided today that for a change, I'd take my camera out with me and try and look for something to photograph. I was waiting to meet up with my mother and starting driving around teh local area. I happened upon the most beautiful scenery.

So, after we all had supper, my mother, my sister, my niece, and I went back to this spot I found and I took photos of them all for mother's day. Between doing that and everything else that was there, I left and my photos were down in the single digits. I was amazed!! I guess it's at least something :o)



On another note, I've made a 'big' decision for me ... when I go to Syracuse, I'm leaving the D50 at home and only taking the D1X .. I'm going to be out in the middle of the wind farm having a panic attack!!!!! AAAWW!!