Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Arena .. Finally!

This was definitely something that had me smiling today!!

Last week, an email was passed around locally, talking about road closures to allow for the construction of the new Louisville Arena.

Ok .. let me back up for a second ... I am a GUNG HO DIE HARD Louisville Cardinals Mens' Basketball fan. There's no other sport out there like it .. I live and breathe Cardinal red .. I'll admit it :O)

I have had season tickets to Freedom Hall for three years now for the games. However, I've gotten the tickets either from buying them from a stranger off the internet, or getting them because someone else had the chance at upgraded seats. Let me clarify that, I've gone to the games for three years now, but I've never had season tickets in my name before. I was always told that getting season tickets was like an urban myth; someone had to die before that would happen!!

Anyway, a couple of months ago, I get the incredible phone call. It's the UofL ticket office offering me a dream wrapped in Red and Black .. a chance at season tickets of my very own :o) I wanted to cry .. but you don't cry over anything related to mens' sports .. lol. I, of course, jumped all over it, knowing that by having season tickets now, I'll have better seats in the new arena than the people who jumped on the bandwagon after me. .. Or so I hope!!

Ok ... so now the new arena is being built. For die hard fans like me, the basketball arena is a place that you want to walk into and cry with overwhelming joy. It's the heart and soul of the life I live from November through March. It's by far my favorite time of the year!!

Here is the 'authority' over building the arena. How I love those people!!

So for now, I'll just routinely keep an eye on it, in hopes of it's opening, soon, but never soon enough. I hope that once it's open we'll have the opportunity to host NCAA tourney games again .. that would be a blessing in itself!!