Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Very Irritated Red Head

Ok .. here's my gripe for the day ...

I went out of town for two days. In that two days, everyone I know made plans / went to see Shrek 3 and no one asked me about going! .. I'm SOOOO irritated by this .. but to heck with them all, I'm going to go see it by myself although I'm sure there are a few others that are wanting to go.

I just get mad at times but I, more often than not, spend so much energy thinking about other people that I put my own needs behind that. So, I need to quit doing that I think because more often than not, I'm caring so much and not getting it back in return. Silly me...

Plus, between this and my out of town experience, I've realized that I need to quit hanging out with married people so much and I need to find 'my own kind.' I think that there's a reason why there's a separation between singles and married people ... and it probably has something to do with time, priorities, responsibilities, etc. While in some cases those differences are negligible, there are times when they come into play. I think it's become a factor for me, my happiness, and my ability to live and move on with my life.


On another note .. my mother and her husband have been borrowing my truck for well over a month (since about the 5th of April I believe if not sooner). They WON'T give it back to me and it's getting old. I asked for it back last weekend so I could take dog food to one of the local animal shelters and while she promised, they did not.

So, as a compromise, and since I was going out of town, I told them that they needed to pick up the food in my absence and take it to the shelter for me.

I get home ... the food is, of course still there. And it's too much to take in my Rav (it's like 12 40 pound bags). So .. now I'm irritated because the whole time I've been putting off my plans trying to be nice and that apparently goes unappreciated.

So ... I'm getting my damn truck back tomorrow!!

Anyway .. in a nutshell .. my mother had mentioned buying my truck from me. Honestly, I rarely drive it now since I have my Rav. I had actually considered doing so and then my sister Jen tried to 'sneak' behind my mother's back and offer to buy it from me... which I thought was kinda dirty to be honest but it caused a big ordeal in the end that I should not have had to get into the middle of.

So, they're fighting over my truck, which had me second guessing selling it to begin with. Now, to top it off, the fact that my mother and Mike are not giving it back to me makes me realize even more that I'm not going to sell it. Although they have promised I can use it whenever I want to, do I think that's honestly going to happen?? Hell no, because I still own it and can't get it back in my driveway for nothing.

Of course, it's partly my fault for letting this go on ... I should have put my foot down by now. But in all honestly, I've had no screaming need for it, so I was trying to be 'family' and help them out. Well ... so much for them being family back and having respect for the owner. Needless to say, I'm going to call them tomorrow, point out the fact that the dog food has gone untouched, and have to get rude about it to get my truck back. Regardless, it's my truck, I've been ridiculously generous in letting them use it, and more importantly this food has been going bad sitting outside because I can't get my damn truck back.

Where I'm trying to do a good thing here, they're ruining it by being stingy with something they have no right to..

Can you tell I'm annoyed??