Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A Blunt Taste of Reality

So far all is 'normal' in the household. I've gotten into a great routine and so far, amazingly enough I'm sticking to it, even though most of the time I find myself going at it alone. I did however run into another 'gym mate' while at the gym, but she was heading out the door at the time.

So, here's my brutal reality... I've been going to the gym for 5 weeks ... about 3-4 times a weeks. I spent a total of an hour-ish on the weights and then another hour on the treadmill. And when on the treadmill, I'm at least walking very fast, if not jogging. I've completely fixed my eating problem .. it was not necessarily that I was eating bad, but I'd only eat like once a day or something. That is now fixed and I'm eating these little mini-meals all the time ... it's killing me because I'm always hungry.

In 5 weeks ... I've lost ... two pounds. LMAO!!???

Yea I know .. muscle weighs more than fat and I'd rather lose size than weight .. but come on!!!

I've since decided not to touch the scale until further notice because that was a COMPLETE buzzkill. I guess I'm going to check my BMI tomorrow, but I was so bummed that I could not bear to see if that was just as disappointing or not.


Anyway ... kinda along the same lines .. but I had an awakening today that is probably contributing to my disappointment. It dawned on me that I have hypothyroidism ... no wonder I am slow to get started!

Actually, I've gone to the doctor, had blood work done at least twice that I can recall, and have been formally diagnosed with it. ... So I'm not just self-diagnosing myself .. lol. Anyway I was on medicine for that, I had like a 6 month prescription and then I was supposed to go back for more bloodwork. Well guess what? Work of course was busy and they were asses about me taking time to go to the doctor. So .. I never went and just decided to stop taking the medicine. You know how that goes ...

I'll admit .. I'm lazy!!

Anyway I remembered that today because the area that my thyroid is in was 'sore' today .. I don't know how to describe it, but I could feel that it was there all day. Then, I remembered about the hypothyroidism, and so when I got the disappointing weight result I figured that may have something to do with it.

So .. I've looked on the internet for vitamins or something that may naturally help the cause, instead of going through the hoop-lah of going to the doctor and getting blood drawn (OUCH!). Then, I went and talked to the Pharmacist about it. The end result .. apparently I'm going back to the doctor....

Well, if anything, maybe getting that in balance, in conjunction with everything else may further help the cause... here's to hoping!!