Wednesday, May 7, 2008

At a loss

So .. I don't blog enough.

Not that it's important to get things here, but that there are details worth writing down that I don't make the time to take note of.

For an extended time now a sibling of someone close to me has been slowly passing away. While there has been more notice than in some cases, is there ever enough?

That person passed on last night.

Given the impression that they're doing ok, it was upsetting to call and hear the opposite. I'm used to someone who is strong and has an answer to everything, and the voice on the other end of the call was not from that person. It really hurts me to know that they're suffering as much as they are.

It reminds me that no matter how strong and brave we are, in the end we are all human and we all have our weaknesses. Family being one of them.

Loved ones dying is such a sore subject with me. Most of my life I lived without having anyone immediately connected to me. Then it happened. Ever since then, the thought of a close loved one passing reminds me of how much that hurts and how it leaves you destroyed and barely surviving.

I remember that it was something I emotionally barely survived and the thought of them going through that now is just so upsetting. While I know it's a part of life, I still don't think it's fair.